Friday, January 20, 2012

On second thought...

I mentioned that writing about grass, sunshine and gardening was sure to make it snow and *bam* the snow came, with some parts of our community getting around 3 feet in 2 days. We may not see Gunther for awhile. The tip of his orange hat is the only sign we have left of him for now and more snow is expected soon.




Despite the snow, I was inspired to start some basil, cilantro, and oregano in a sunny window. I planted the seeds according to directions and have been misting them with water once a day...

Under Roo's close supervision


These herbs will probably stay inside, but I do grow herbs in the garden in the summer. We had an amazing bounty of cilantro last year. I found that the basil fared better in a pot on the porch rather than in the garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment